- A grid, usually of parallel metal bars, set at ground level in a road or gateway as a barrier to cattle while allowing the passage of vehicles and pedestrians.
- a tool to prevent cattle from straying along a railroad-track at a highway-crossing.
- a bridge over a ditch comprising parallel metal taverns that allow pedestrians and automobiles to pass through, but not cattle
- a trench under a railroad track and alongside a crossing (at the time of a public highway). It is designed to prevent cattle from getting upon the track.
- Definition for "cattle guard"
- A grid, usually of parallel metal bars, set…
- View More
- Sentence for "cattle guard"
- Hypernym for "cattle guard"
- Urban Dictionary for "cattle guard"