- A beam projecting outward from the bow of a ship and made use of as a support to raise the anchor.
- huge piece of timber projecting from each side of the bow of a ship for holding anchors of fitted with a stock in place for letting go or for securing after weighing.
- Similar rigging on the outside of a building.
- A projecting bit of wood or iron near the bow of vessel, to which the anchor is hoisted and guaranteed.
- a big wood or heavyiron ray projecting from each bow of a ship, and achieving sheaves with its outer end.
- In mining, a tiny capstan.
- Nodular or baseball ironstone.
- An attachment to a lathe to aid in encouraging long taverns when they're becoming turned.
- Nautical, to add into the cat-head.
Sentence for "cathead"
- Rich land, suitable for laying down…
Cross Reference for "cathead"
Same Context for "cathead"
Urban Dictionary for "cathead"