- somebody who catechizes, particularly person who instructs catechumens when preparing for entry into a Christian church.
- a person who methods catechesis, i.e., catechizes catechumens; an instructor whom instructs pupils in doctrines of a particular Christian denomination usually in preparation for verification.
- a person who instructs by question and answer, particularly in religions matters.
- a person who instructs orally, or by question and answer; a catechizer; particularly, one appointed to teach catechumens in the maxims of religion as a preparation for baptism.
- one who instructs catechumens in preparation for baptism (especially one making use of a catechism)
Sentence for "catechist"
Hypernym for "catechist"
Same Context for "catechist"