- an easy irrigation system, applied to sloping land, which water from a stream or springtime is given in towards the top and allowed to trickle-down over many synthetic terraces.
- A work or synthetic water-course for putting water on places that lie on the slopes of mountains; a catchdrain.
- An artificial watercourse or number of watercourses for irrigating these types of lands as lie on declivities of hills; a catch-drain. Also known as catchwater.
- Any technical appliance regularly arrest motion in the shape of ratchets, pawls, puppies, and rubbing gripping-surfaces.
Definition for "catchwork"
- an easy irrigation system, applied to sloping land,…
Synonym for "catchwork"
Same Context for "catchwork"