- A cistern or vault during the point where a street gutter discharges into a sewer, to catch bulky matter that will perhaps not pass readily through sewer.
- A cistern or vault at the point where a street gutter discharges into a sewer, to catch large issues which will not pass easily through the sewer.
- A reservoir placed during the point of release of a pipeline into a sewer, to retain matter which may not pass readily through sewer. These types of basins are arranged so that they can be emptied normally as it is needed.
- A reservoir, particularly for catching and retaining surface-drainage over huge places.
Sentence for "catch-basin"
- After a short while, the sound…
- View More