- Geology The doctrine that major changes in the planet earth's crust derive from catastrophes as opposed to evolutionary procedures.
- The prediction or expectation of cataclysmic upheaval, like in political or social developments.
- The doctrine that sudden catastrophes, instead of constant modification, cause the main top features of the planet earth's crust
- The doctrine your geological alterations in the planet earth's crust being caused by the abrupt action of violent physical factors; -- in opposition to the doctrine of uniformism.
- The theoretical view of geological events which has as the important foundation the concept of a succession of disasters: the contrary of uniformitarianism. See disaster, 3, and cataclysm, 2.
- Definition for "catastrophism"
- Geology The doctrine that major changes in the…
- View More
- Sentence for "catastrophism"
- Antonym for "catastrophism"
- Same Context for "catastrophism"