- Of or being a group of primates including the Old World monkeys, apes, and humans, characterized by nostrils that are close together and directed frontward or downward.
- Describing the Catarrhini parvorder of primates (including humans) having nostrils which can be close collectively and directed frontward or downward
- of or about Old World monkeys that have nostrils collectively and opening downward
- A catarrhine primate, eg a gorilla.
- Any animal with this group
- One of the Catarrhina, a division of Quadrumana, including the old-world monkeys and apes that have the nostrils near collectively and switched downward. See monkey.
- A monkey for the area Catarrhina.
- of Africa or Arabia or Asia; having nonprehensile tails and nostrils close together
- Of or regarding the monkeys classified as Catarrhina.
Sentence for "catarrhine"
- They are what are called catarrhine…
Hyponym for "catarrhine"
Hypernym for "catarrhine"
Variant for "catarrhine"