- The lack of several syllables in a line of verse, especially in the past foot.
- A shortened or partial final foot at the conclusion of a verse.
- Truncation at close of a line of poetry by omission of one or two final syllables.
- In prosody, incompleteness for the last base or measure of a verse; in a wider feeling, incompleteness of every base in a verse.
- the absence of a syllable in the last base of a line or verse
Sentence for "catalexis"
- Nearly all English metres owe their…
Hypernym for "catalexis"
Etymologically Related for "catalexis"