- staying in fresh-water but moving to marine waters to breed. Used of seafood.
- that resides in fresh water and breeds within the ocean
- Of a fern where the very first veins in a frond section are manufactured towards base of the frond.
- Having the most affordable inferior part of a pinna nearer the rachis versus most affordable exceptional one; -- said of a mode of branching in ferns, and against anadromous.
- located in fresh water, and visiting the sea to spawn; -- against anadromous, and said associated with eel.
- migrating from fresh-water into water to spawn
- Running down; descending: applied to particular fishes which descend streams to the ocean to spawn: in opposition to anadromous.
- In botany, having the very first set of nerves (in each part of a fern frond) given down regarding basal side of the midrib, such as Osmunda. Compare anadromous .
- Definition for "catadromous"
- staying in fresh-water but moving to marine waters…
- View More
- Sentence for "catadromous"
- The reverse occurs with catadromous species,…
- View More
- Antonym for "catadromous"
- Cross Reference for "catadromous"