- constituting or pertaining to catachresis
- owned by, or in the way of, a catachresis; constituting, characterized by or given to catachresis; wrested from the natural sense or kind; required; far-fetched.
- constituting or characterized by or provided to catachresis
- In rhet.: Pertaining to, consisting in, or described as catachresis; applied in an improper signification. Wrested from right meaning or type; contrary to correct use; required; far-fetched.
Sentence for "catachrestic"
- The first mode is synecdochical, the…
Synonym for "catachrestic"
Equivalent for "catachrestic"