- Any of different semiprecious gems such as for instance chrysoberyl, BeAl2O4, showing a band of light that changes place due to the fact jewel is turned.
- A glass or plastic reflector built to radiate in the ray of a headlight, used on a vehicle as a safety unit or set in rows along a highway as lane markers.
- A marble having an eyelike design, such as for example concentric sectors or a colored center set-in clear cup.
- A gemstone mineral (a number of chalcedonic quartz) which includes a lustre resembling the eye of a cat when slashed en cabochon
- Any of a chain of showing studs familiar with demarcate traffic lanes.
- A variety of quartz or chalcedony, displaying opalescent reflections from within, just like the eye of a cat. Title is directed at various other gems affording like results, esp. the chrysoberyl.
- multiple quartz, quite difficult and semi-transparent, and from particular things exhibiting a yellowish opalescent radiation or chatoyant look, whence title.
- A species of plant scabious, Scabiosa stellata.
- In pathology, an opalescent look regarding the eye in a few cases of amaurosis.
- See tiger's-eye.
- The operculum of a marine mollusk, Turbo smaragdus.
- any one of various treasures (as chrysoberyl or chalcedony) that reflect light whenever cut in a rounded shape
Sentence for "cat's-eye"
- Damaris wore a butter-yellow dress that…
Hypernym for "cat's-eye"
Cross Reference for "cat's-eye"
Same Context for "cat's-eye"