- A colorless or pale yellow oil extracted from the seeds associated with the castor-oil plant, used pharmaceutically as a laxative and epidermis softener and industrially as a lubricant.
- the pale-yellow vegetable oil obtained from the castor-bean; made use of as a laxative and a commercial lubricant
- The oil yielded by the seeds of Ricinus communis (the castor-oil plant), a native of Asia, nevertheless now distributed over all the hotter regions of the globe.
- a purgative obtained from the seed for the castor-oil plant; used in paint and varnish plus clinically
- A mild cathartic oil, expressed or obtained from the seeds for the Ricinus communis, or Palma Christi. Whenever fresh the oil is inodorous and insipid.
Hypernym for "castor oil"
Cross Reference for "castor oil"
Same Context for "castor oil"