- The guard or defence of a castle.
- A tax or imposition on a dwelling within a particular length of a castle, for the purpose of maintaining watch and ward in it; castleward.
- A feudal tenure, obliging the tenant to do solution within the world, without limitation of the time.
- The shield or protection of a castle.
- A tax or imposition an a dwelling within a certain distance of a castle, for the purpose of maintaining watch and ward with it; castle-ward.
- A feudal tenure, obliging the tenant to do solution inside the realm, without limitation of time.
- The shield which defends a castle.
- A feudal fee or duty due from a tenant to their lord, payable either in individual service in defending the lord's palace or by commutations in money in particular instances.
- The tenure or hold which these types of a tenant had on the land granted him by their lord.
- The circuit around a castle subject to taxation for its maintenance.
- Also called castle-ward.
Definition for "castle-guard"
Sentence for "castle-guard"
Synonym for "castle-guard"