- Serving or maintaining castigate.
- Punitive so that you can amendment; corrective.
- a guitar formerly always penalize and correct arrant scolds; the ducking-stool or trebucket.
- a guitar previously familiar with penalize and correct arrant scolds; -- labeled as also a ducking feces, or trebucket.
- pl. castigatories (-riz). Something which acts to castigate; particularly, an apparatus previously found in punishing scolds. Also referred to as ducking-stool and trebucket.
- Serving to castigate; maintaining modification; corrective; punitive.
Sentence for "castigatory"
- On the contrary, besides his castigatory…
Synonym for "castigatory"
Variant for "castigatory"