- Architecture A supporting line sculptured in the shape of a draped female figure.
- A sculpted feminine figure providing as an architectural element, made use of as a support for entablature.
- A draped female figure promoting an entablature, in place of a column or pilaster.
- pl. caryatids, caryatides (-idz, -i-dēz). In architecture, a figure of a lady wearing lengthy robes, offering as a column to support an entablature or to fill any kind of company of a column.
- a supporting column created in the form of someone
- with respect to or associated with type of a caryatid; caryatic.
- Definition for "caryatid"
- Architecture A supporting line sculptured in the shape…
- View More
- Sentence for "caryatid"
- Hypernym for "caryatid"
- Cross Reference for "caryatid"
- Same Context for "caryatid"
- Variant for "caryatid"