- A chemoreceptor found close to the bifurcations associated with carotid arteries that screens changes in the oxygen content associated with the blood and helps control respiratory activity.
- a chemoreceptor found nearby the bifurcations of the carotid arteries; screens oxygen content of the blood and assists control respiration
- Definition for "carotid body"
- A chemoreceptor found close to the bifurcations associated…
- View More
- Hypernym for "carotid body"
- Medical Dictionary for "carotid body"