- The basal joint regarding the maxilla in bugs.
- The hinge of a bivalve shell.
- In conchology, the hinge of a bivalve shell.
- In entomology, the basal joint associated with the maxilla, a narrow transverse piece, articulating with the lower region of the mind.
- In Myriapoda, the distal or outside one of two pieces of which the protomala or alleged mandible comprises, others piece becoming the stipes. See ṗrotomala, and cut-under epilabrum. A. S. Packard.
- in pelecypod mollusks, the primitive hinge: contrasted utilizing the articulus or adult hinge.
- the two intersecting main streets for the Roman military camp or castrum, the other being the decumanus. The same arrangement can be found in the prehistoric pile-settlements of northern Italy.
Sentence for "cardo"
Same Context for "cardo"
Urban Dictionary for "cardo"