- Roman Catholic Church The position, rank, dignity, or term of a cardinal.
- Roman Catholic Church The Faculty of Cardinals.
- The dignity and ecclestiastic office of Roman Catholic cardinal.
- Collective term for the cardinals.
- any office, ranking, or dignity of a cardinal.
- any office, rank, dignity, or incumbency of a cardinal. Also cardinalship.
- cardinals collectively
- to create a cardinal of; raise into office of cardinal.
Sentence for "cardinalate"
Synonym for "cardinalate"
Hypernym for "cardinalate"