- to lessen or convert a carbon-containing material to carbon, as by limited burning.
- To coat or combine with carbon.
- to transform (an animal or vegetable substance) into a residue of carbon by the activity of fire or some corrosive agent; to char.
- To impregnate or combine with carbon, like in making steel by cementation.
- To turn some thing to carbon, specifically by warming it; to scorch or blacken.
- To react something with carbon.
- become carbon, as by burning
- unite with carbon
- to transform into carbon by burning or even the activity of fire, or by other natural procedures.
- to pay for with carbon (by means of charcoal or lampblack).
- To carburize.
- In addition spelled carbonise.
- To destroy (the vegetable matter combined with wool or any other animal fibers) by chemical means (as a dilute answer of sulphuric or hydrochloric acid) and temperature (210° F.).
- Definition for "carbonize"
- to lessen or convert a carbon-containing material to…
- View More
- Sentence for "carbonize"
- Synonym for "carbonize"
- Verb Forms for "carbonize"
- Hypernym for "carbonize"
- Cross Reference for "carbonize"
- Etymologically Related for "carbonize"
- Form for "carbonize"
- Urban Dictionary for "carbonize"