- A lightweight paper coated on a single side with a dark waxy pigment, put between two sheets of empty paper so that the bottom sheet will get a copy of what exactly is typed or written at the top sheet.
- A sheet of report with among faces impregnated with carbon, accustomed make carbon copies.
- a thin kind of paper coated with a dark-colored waxy substance which can be utilized in another sheet of paper underneath it by pressing from the carbon paper. It really is utilized by putting a sheet between two sheets of ordinary writing paper, then composing or typing at the top sheet, through which process a copy of the writing or typing is used in the 2nd sheet below, making a copy without the need for writing or typing a second time. Multiple sheets may be used, with a carbon paper placed above each basic paper that the feeling is to be transferred. In 1997 such paper ended up being however utilized, specially to make multiple copies of filled-in buy invoice kinds, in many programs this technique happens to be superseded because of the more devoted xerographic reproduction and computerized publishing procedures.
- Paper faced with carbon or lampblack: made use of between two sheets of paper for the true purpose of reproducing upon the low sheet everything that might be written or attracted upon the upper sheet, or imprinted upon it by a type-writer.
- a thin paper coated on one part with a dark waxy material (frequently containing carbon); accustomed transfer characters through the original to an under sheet of paper
Hypernym for "carbon paper"
- View More