- The drawing of a liquid (often against gravity) into or up thin interstices considering surface tension
- a phenomenon connected with surface tension and resulting in the elevation or despair of liquids in capillary vessel
- See capillarity.
- The design of a liquid (frequently against gravity) into or up thin interstices as a result of surface stress
- an occurrence of surface stress and causing the elevation or despair of liquids in capillaries
- Definition for "capillary action"
- Hypernym for "capillary action"
- Cross Reference for "capillary action"