- That forms a calx whenever oxidized
- Tending to develop, or even come to be, a calx or earthlike compound on becoming oxidized or burnt; as magnesium, calcium. etc.
- That forms a calx when oxidized
- maintaining develop, or even be, a calx or earthlike material on being oxidized or burned; as magnesium, calcium. etc.
- In chem., developing lime or calx: applied to the typical metals, which with air form a calx or earth-like compound.
- In chem., forming lime or calx: put on the common metals, which with oxygen form a calx or earth-like compound.