- any one of different legless, burrowing, wormlike amphibians regarding the order Gymnophiona, of exotic regions.
- any one of a group of burrowing amphibians (order Gymnophiona or Apoda) that resemble earthworms or snakes.
- A limbless amphibian belonging to the order Cæciliæ or Ophimorpha. See ophiomorpha.
- A worm-like amphibian associated with the family Cæciliidæ.
- the small slender limbless burrowing wormlike amphibians regarding the purchase Gymnophiona; inhabit wet soil in exotic areas
- Of or with respect to the Cæciliidæ.
- of or regarding or of the family members Caeciliidae
Sentence for "caecilian"
Hypernym for "caecilian"
Cross Reference for "caecilian"
Variant for "caecilian"