- A special election held between general elections to fill a vacancy, for a parliamentary chair.
- an unique election held to fill a political company that has become vacant between basic elections.
- An election held on it's own, not during the time of a broad election.
- In Great Britain, an election held to fill a vacancy in Parliament.
- a particular election between regular elections
Sentence for "by-election"
Synonym for "by-election"
Hypernym for "by-election"
Same Context for "by-election"