- any one of three isomeric glyceryl esters of butyric acid, naturally contained in butter.
- The triglyceride of butyric acid; the key constituent of butterfat
- A butyrate of glycerin; a fat contained in small quantity in milk, that will help to give to butter its strange flavor.
- A triglycerid, C3H5(C4H7O2)3, that will be a constant constituent of butter, along with olein, stearin, as well as other glycerids. It is a neutral yellow fluid fat, having a sharp, bitter style.
- any one of three glycerides of butyric acid
Definition for "butyrin"
- any one of three isomeric glyceryl esters of…
Sentence for "butyrin"
Hyponym for "butyrin"
Hypernym for "butyrin"