- some of three gaseous isomeric ethylene hydrocarbons, C4H8, made use of principally to make artificial rubbers.
- some of three isomeric aliphatic alkenes containing four carbon atoms and another double-bond; their particular polymers are used as artificial plastic.
- anyone of three metameric hydrocarbons, C4H8, associated with ethylene series. They are gaseous or easily liquefiable; -- called also butene.
- the hypothetical divalent radical -(CH2)4-; -- utilized in combining types.
- A hydrocarbon (C4H8) belonging to the olefine series. It is present in three isomeric kinds, which are gases at ordinary temperatures.
- any of three isomeric hydrocarbons C4H8; all used in making synthetic rubbers
Sentence for "butylene"
- Notably, it is easily converted into…
Hyponym for "butylene"
Hypernym for "butylene"
Variant for "butylene"