- A disk turning on a diametrical axis inside a pipe, utilized as a throttle device or damper.
- A valve composed of two semicircular dishes hinged on a common spindle, familiar with allow movement in one single path only.
- some sort of double clack valve, consisting of two semicircular clappers or wings hinged to a cross rib inside pump bucket. When available it somewhat resembles a butterfly in shape.
- some sort of double clack-valve found in pumps.
- a valve in a carburetor that comprises of a disc that turns and will act as a throttle
Hypernym for "butterfly valve"
- View More