- A duty previously compensated to your king's butler on every tun of wine imported into The united kingdomt by foreign merchants.
- A duty of two shillings on every tun of wine imported into The united kingdomt by merchant strangers; -- so named because compensated into the king's butler for king.
- In old English legislation, a duty of two shillings on every tun of wine brought in into England by foreign people or vendor strangers: so called because initially compensated toward master's butler the king.
- work of butler; butlership.
- The butler's division in a family group.
Sentence for "butlerage"
- In like manner the Duke of…
- View More