- An evergreen shrub (Ruscus aculeatus) indigenous to Europe therefore the Mediterranean region, having leaflike stems, greenish blossoms, and often purple berries.
- Any plant of the genus Ruscus, specially Ruscus aculeatus.
- a plant (Ruscus aculeatus) of this Smilax family members, used by butchers for brooms to sweep their blocks; -- called also leg holly. See Cladophyll.
- See butcher's-broom, under broom.
- shrub with rigid flattened stems resembling leaves (cladophylls); used for making brooms
- A genus of plants (Ruscus); esp. Ruscus aculeatus, with huge red berries and leaflike limbs. See cladophyll.
Hypernym for "butcher's broom"
Variant for "butcher's broom"