- An offering burnt upon an altar as a religious rite; particularly, in the Jewish ritual, an animal or pets of a prescribed kind, the whole of which, after ceremonial planning, had been burned upon an altar; a holocaust.
- etc. See under Burnt. etc.
- Overcooked food.
- One thing supplied and burned on an altar, as an atonement for sin; a sacrifice.
- A slaughtered pet or other providing burned on an altar as a religious give up.
- anything offered and burnt on an altar, as an atonement for sin; a sacrifice. The choices of this Jews had been on a clean pet, as an ox, a calf, a goat, or a sheep; or some veggie material, as breads, or ears of grain or barley. Known as in addition burnt give up.
Same Context for "burnt offering"
- View More