- a genus of ruminants which in some classification systems is roofed inside genus Bos; water buffaloes.
- A genus or subgenus of bovines, containing the buffaloes proper, once the Indian buffalo and African buffalo: occasionally restricted to the latter. Hamilton Smith, 1827. See slices under buffalo.
- [lowercase] A member for this genus.
- in certain classification methods contained in genus Bos; liquid buffaloes
Sentence for "bubalus"
- Some observations on wild buffalo, Bubalus…
Synonym for "bubalus"
Hypernym for "bubalus"