Definition for "brutish"
Sentence for "brutish"
Quotes for "brutish"
- "Man as an individual is a…"
Synonym for "brutish"
Equivalent for "brutish"
Same Context for "brutish"
- Of or attribute of a brute.
- Crude in feeling or fashion.
- Sensual; carnal.
- Rough; uncivilized: "the Mesabi Iron Range, a brutish stretch of maroon hillocks” ( John McCormick).
- Of, or perhaps in the way in which of a brute
- Bestial; lacking personal sensibility
- Pertaining to, or resembling, a brute or brutes; of a cruel, gross, and stupid nature; coarse; unfeeling; unintelligent.
- resembling a beast; showing decreased human sensibility
- Of or with respect to a brute or brutes.
- Like a brute; characteristic of brutes.
- Gross; carnal; bestial.
- Uncultured; unrefined; ignorant; stupid; insensible.
- Synonyms Brutal, Beastly, etc. (identify brute), lifeless, barbarous, pet, sexy.