- alternate spelling of brush-turkey.
- The popular name of a large gregarious rasorial bird of Australia, the Talegallus lathami, associated with family members Megapodiidæ, of about how big a turkey, blackish-brown above and silvery-gray below: so called as it lives into the brush or scrub.
- title can be loosely put on various megapods, or mound-builders, aside from the inquisitive Talegallus lathami. Among these is the mallee, Leipoa ocellata. Additionally it is given to the bustard, Eupodotis australis.
- black megapode of wooded parts of Australia and brand new Guinea
- A large, edible, gregarious bird of Australia (Talegalla Lathami) of this household Megapodidæ. In addition placed on a number of allied species of New Guinea.
Hypernym for "brush turkey"
- scrub fowl
- View More