- To injure the underlying soft tissue or bone tissue of (part of the human anatomy) without breaking your skin, as by a blow.
- To harm (plant tissue), as by scratching or stress: bruised the fresh fruit by careless packing.
- To dent or mar.
- To pound (fruits, including) into fragments; crush.
- To hurt, specifically psychologically.
- To injure, as by a blow or collision, without laceration; to contuse.
- to split; such as a mortar; to bray, as minerals, origins, etc.; to break.
- To experience or go through bruising: Peaches bruise effortlessly.
- to battle with the fists; to box.
- an accident to underlying areas or bone where the epidermis is certainly not damaged, often described as ruptured arteries and discolorations.
- an equivalent problems for plant structure, often causing stain or spoilage.
- An injury, specially to 1's feelings.
- A purplish mark on the skin considering leakage of bloodstream from capillary vessel beneath the surface which were damaged by a blow.
- A dark mark-on fruit brought on by a blow to its area.
- an accident on flesh of pets, or to plants, good fresh fruit, etc., with a blunt or hefty instrument, or by collision with a few other human anatomy; a contusion.
- A contusion; a superficial damage due to effect, without laceration, as of an animal human anatomy, a plant, or any other impressible object.
- a personal injury that doesn't break your skin but results in some discoloration
- To strike (you), initially with something level or hefty, the good news is especially in a way regarding discolour your skin without breaking it.
- To damage skin of (fresh fruit), in an analogous means.
- Of good fresh fruit, to achieve bruises through becoming taken care of around.
- To bruise effortlessly.
- injure the underlying smooth structure or bone tissue of
- split up into small pieces for food preparation
- damage (plant muscle) by abrasion or force
- hurt the feelings of
- To injure by a blow or by stress without laceration; contuse, as a pliant material; dent or beat in without breaking, as everything hard: as, to bruise the hand; a bruised apple; “his bruised guard,”
- To crush by beating or pounding; lb; bray, as medicines or articles of food.
- Figuratively, to conquer straight down or oppress; cudgel, while the mind; scourge; damage.
- To fight with the fists; package.
- Definition for "bruise"
- To injure the underlying soft tissue or bone…
- View More
- Sentence for "bruise"
- Quotes for "bruise"
- "I'll never forget one morning I…"
- View More
- Synonym for "bruise"
- Verb Forms for "bruise"
- Phrases for "bruise"
- Rhyme for "bruise"
- Hypernym for "bruise"
- Cross Reference for "bruise"
- Form for "bruise"
- Same Context for "bruise"
- Urban Dictionary for "bruise"