- A curved steel block that presses against and arrests the rotation of a wheel or brake drum.
- An element of a drum braking system into which the friction-producing braking system lining is connected.
- the part of a brake against that your wheel rubs.
- some wood or metal suited to a brake-block, or developing one piece with it, and offering as a rubber to retard, by rubbing with all the wheel-tread or-tire, the movement of a wheel.
- a restraint supplied when the braking system linings tend to be relocated hydraulically up against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
Definition for "brake shoe"
- A curved steel block that presses against and…
Hypernym for "brake shoe"
Cross Reference for "brake shoe"