- A curved steel block that presses against and arrests the rotation of a wheel or brake drum.
- An element of a drum braking system into which the friction-producing braking system lining is connected.
- the part of a brake against that your wheel rubs.
- some wood or metal suited to a brake-block, or developing one piece with it, and offering as a rubber to retard, by rubbing with all the wheel-tread or-tire, the movement of a wheel.
- a restraint supplied when the braking system linings tend to be relocated hydraulically up against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
Hypernym for "brake shoe"
Cross Reference for "brake shoe"