- some of a few reef-building corals associated with genus Meandrina, forming curved colonies that resemble the convolutions for the human brain.
- some of a few species of coral in the form of a brain.
- a massive reef-building coral obtaining the area covered by ridges divided by furrows so as to resemble notably the top of brain, esp. these types of corals of the genera Mæandrina and Diploria.
- See under Brain.
- the favorite title of red coral of the genus Meandrina: so-called given that it resembles in its trivial appearance the convolutions of the mind.
- massive reef-building red coral having a convoluted and furrowed surface
Sentence for "brain coral"
Hypernym for "brain coral"
Urban Dictionary for "brain coral"