- Nautical to show (a square-rigged ship) about in the heel by bracing the sails aback.
- to place (a vessel) on the other side tack by veering her short round on her heel; -- so named through the circumstance of bracing the head yards abox (i. e., sharp aback, regarding the wind).
- to carry a square-rigged ship onto a fresh tack by hauling back the foresails whilst steering difficult circular
- to veer (a ship) round on her behalf heel if it is impracticable to tack.
- Definition for "boxhaul"
- Nautical to show (a square-rigged ship) about in…
- View More
- Verb Forms for "boxhaul"
- Form for "boxhaul"