- any one of a number of exotic African and Asian perennial plants of this genus Sansevieria, having dense, swordlike, spine-tipped leaves grouped in rosettes.
- The fibers of any of those flowers, used for bowstrings, cordage, mats, and nets.
- the tenacious fibre regarding the Sanseviera Zeylanica, growing in Asia and Africa, where bowstrings were created.
- hemp acquired from sansevieria
- cultivated as a houseplant because of its mottled fleshy sword-shaped leaves or as a source of fibre
- powerful fibre that resembles hemp; obtained from sansevieria and used for e.g. cordage
Hypernym for "bowstring hemp"
- View More