Definition for "bout"
- A contest between antagonists; a match: a wrestling…
Sentence for "bout"
Synonym for "bout"
Verb Forms for "bout"
Phrases for "bout"
Rhyme for "bout"
Hypernym for "bout"
Cross Reference for "bout"
Same Context for "bout"
Urban Dictionary for "bout"
- Bout- Word that Black individuals make…
Sports Dictionary for "bout"
- A contest between antagonists; a match: a wrestling bout.
- A Period invested in a particular method; a spell: "His tremendous bouts of consuming had wrecked his health” ( Thomas Wolfe).
- a time period of something, generally painful or unpleasant
- A boxing match.
- An assault (a fencing encounter) at which the rating is kept.
- A fighting competition.
- A bulge or widening in a musical instrument, such as for example either associated with two characteristic bulges of a guitar.
- The going and returning of a plough, or any other apply always mark the bottom and produce a headland, across a field.
- the maximum amount of of an action as is carried out at once; a going and returning, as of workmen in reaping, mowing, etc.; a turn; a round.
- A conflict; competition; attempt; trial; a set-to at everything.
- A turn, cycle, coil, or knot, as in a rope or chain; a bend or flexure.
- The part of a sling which has the rock.
- A going and returning, as with plowing, reaping, etc.; for this reason, as much of an action as it is performed previously; just one part of an action that will be continued at successive intervals.
- A round at something, as with some competition; a set-to; an effort: as, a bout at single-stick or fisticuffs.
- A round of indulgence, like in drink: as, a drunken bout.
- A turn or fit of infection: because, a severe bout of rheumatism.
- In music, an inward bend of a rib of a musical instrument of this violin kind, where the waist is formed.
- a celebration for extortionate eating or consuming
- a contest or battle (especially between boxers or wrestlers)
- (recreations) a division during which one staff is on the offensive
- a time period of infection