- A custom, such as some old boroughs, in which places and tenements descend toward youngest son, instead of the oldest; or, if owner haven't any concern, toward youngest cousin.
- in-law, a customary lineage of some estates in England into the youngest son instead of the eldest, or, if the owner departs no child, towards youngest brother.
- an old English custom through which the youngest child inherited land towards the exclusion of their older brothers
- A custom, like in some old boroughs, where places and tenements descend towards the youngest child, rather than the eldest; or, if the owner don't have any issue, to the youngest cousin.
- In law, a customary descent of some estates in England into the youngest boy instead of the eldest, or, if owner will leave no child, into the youngest brother.
- an old English custom where the youngest child inherited land towards exclusion of his older brothers
Hypernym for "borough-english"
- View More