- a little united states quail (Colinus virginianus) having brown plumage with white markings.
- Any one of four types of quail within the genus Colinus, of the bird family Odontophoridae, restricted to the Americas.
- The common quail of the united states (Colinus, or Ortyx, Virginianus); -- so named from the note.
- A name for the bird Ortyx virginianus, commonly understood in the usa as the quail or partridge. See cut-under quail.
- a favorite united states online game bird; named for the telephone call
Sentence for "bobwhite"
- [Illustration: Bluebird.] "The 'bobwhite' is the…
Hyponym for "bobwhite"
Hypernym for "bobwhite"
Form for "bobwhite"