- A-pole with a metal point and hook at one end made use of particularly to go logs, rafts, and ships.
- an iron hook with a spot on back, fixed to a lengthy pole, to pull or drive a boat, raft, log, etc.
- A brass or iron hook and spike fixed to a staff or pole, used for pulling or pushing a boat. Also referred to as gaff-setter, setting-pole, pole-hook, and hitcher.
- pole-handled hook accustomed pull or drive boats
Definition for "boat hook"
- A-pole with a metal point and hook at…
Hypernym for "boat hook"
Same Context for "boat hook"