- any one of a few chiefly North American grasses of genera Andropogon, Bothriochloa, and Schizachyrium, a number of which are essential prairie grasses.
- Any of various grasses, including small bluestem and huge bluestem.
- tall grass with smooth bluish leaf sheaths grown for hay in Western U.S.
- title of some coarse but of use grasses in america, mainly Andropogon furcatus east of Rocky Mountains, and Agropyrum glaucum further westward.
- tall lawn with smooth bluish leaf sheaths grown for hay in america
- tall lawn with smooth bluish leaf sheaths cultivated for hay in the United States
Sentence for "bluestem"
- A native American prairie grass, little…
Synonym for "bluestem"
Hypernym for "bluestem"
Cross Reference for "bluestem"