- the 3rd full-moon in a three-month calendrical period that includes four full moons.
- the next of two full moons happening in the same thirty days.
- Informal A relatively any period of time of time: I haven't seen you in a blue moon.
- The moon tinted towards blue whilst appears into the sky, due to dust or smoke into the atmosphere.
- Something ridiculous.
- the 3rd full moon in a quarter that contains four rather than the usual three full moons.
- (by expansion) A long time.
- A flavor of nice ice-cream that's popular within the Midwestern U.S. and is a factor of Superman ice cream.
- The second of two complete moons that take place in similar calendar month.
- see blue moon into the language.
- quite a long time
- the next full moon occurring in identical month; -- produced by the phrase as soon as in a blue moon.
Sentence for "blue moon"
Hypernym for "blue moon"
Form for "blue moon"
Urban Dictionary for "blue moon"