- A clergyman; -- familiarly so called, as a soldier can be called a redcoat or a bluecoat.
- a person who wears a black layer: a standard and familiar name for a clergyman, as redcoat is, in The united kingdomt, for a soldier.
- plural A name given to the German reiters, or mercenary troops, within the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, from their black armor and gown.
- Definition for "blackcoat"
- Sentence for "blackcoat"
- The blackcoat, the parasite, the keeper…
- View More
- Synonym for "blackcoat"