- An eastern North American tree (Juglans nigra) having brownish wood and a deeply furrowed fan enclosed in a globose fragrant husk.
- The lumber of this tree, made use of specifically for veneer, cabinets, furnishings, and gunstocks.
- The nut of this tree, having an edible kernel used especially in confections.
- a North US tree (Juglans nigra) valuable because of its purplish brown lumber, that is thoroughly found in cabinetwork as well as gunstocks. The nuts tend to be thick-shelled, and almost globular.
- See walnut.
- North American walnut tree with difficult dark wood and delicious nut
- United states walnut having a very difficult and thick woody layer
Hypernym for "black walnut"
Cross Reference for "black walnut"
Same Context for "black walnut"