- See sour gum.
- A tree indigenous to east the united states, Nyssa sylvatica.
- See under Ebony, Blue, an such like.
- A North United states tree, Nyssa multiflora, 40 to 70 foot high, bearing a dark-blue berry.
- The water-tupelo, Nyssa biflora, a tree inhabiting wet floor over the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.
- Eucalyptus stellulata.
- columnar tree of east the united states having horizontal limbs and small leaves that emerge late in spring and also have brilliant color in early fall
- a small mallee with rough dark-colored bark toward the butt; yields a red eucalyptus kino gum
- an American tree, the tupelo or pepperidge. See Tupelo.
Hypernym for "black gum"
Same Context for "black gum"