- utilized other than as an idiom: see black, beetle.
- The oriental cockroach, Blatta orientalis (a sizable roach through the family Blattidae).
- Platyzosteria novae-zelandiae, an equivalent roach native to New Zealand.
- this good sense?) A common name for all types of beetle being black colored in color. including:
- the common big black colored cockroach (Blatta orientalis).
- An English title for the common cockroach of Great Britain, Blatta (Periplaneta) orientalis, a sizable black orthopterous insect, of this household Blattidæ. See cut under Blattidæ.
- dark brown cockroach initially from orient now nearly cosmopolitan in distribution
- the normal big cockroach (Blatta orientalis).
Hypernym for "black beetle"
- View More