- any one of a number of united states freshwater online game fishes associated with genus Micropterus, such as the largemouth and smallmouth bass.
- a number of sunfish belonging to Micropterus dolomieu.
- A centrarchoid American seafood for the genus Micropterus.
- A local title, along portions of Pacific coastline of united states of america, of a scorpænoid seafood, Sebastichthys melanops, or black rock-fish.
- bluish black-striped water bass of Atlantic shore of the usa
- widely distributed and highly prized US freshwater game fishes (sunfish household)
- An edible, fresh-water fish of the United States, of the genus Micropterus. The small-mouthed kind is Micropterus dolomieī; the large-mouthed is Micropterus salmoides.
- the ocean bass. See Blackfish, 3.
Hypernym for "black bass"
Variant for "black bass"