- A West Indian tree (Picræna excelsa) from timber of which the bitter drug Jamaica quassia is acquired.
- The timber of Xylopia glabra, and other types of exactly the same genus. All are mentioned the extreme bitterness of the wood.
- A name put on the quassia forests of trade, the West Indian Picræna excelsa in addition to Surinam Quassia amara. See quassia.
- method to large tree of exotic North and south usa having odd-pinnate leaves and lengthy panicles of small pale-yellow plants followed closely by scarlet fruits
- western Indian tree yielding the drug Jamaica quassia
- good looking South American shrub or tiny tree having bright scarlet plants and yielding a very important fine-grained yellowish wood; yields the sour medication quassia from the lumber and bark
Sentence for "bitterwood"
Hypernym for "bitterwood"
Cross Reference for "bitterwood"
Urban Dictionary for "bitterwood"